Sunshine Coast Victim and Survivor Support
IFYS Limited - REBECCA Program
The REBECCA Program is an early intervention education program, for young women up to the age of 25 years old. It comprises of 3 x 4-hour workshops that cover topics regarding the nature and impact of domestic and family violence, healthy and unhealthy relationships, increasing safety, protection orders and legislation, and introducing participants to relevant support services in the community.
The attached referral form can be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Centacare Family and Relationship Service Sunshine Coast
Centacare’s Family and Relationship Services is the Regional Domestic and Family Violence Service for the Sunshine Coast and Hinterland areas. Their services are varied and include
- domestic and family violence Court support
- outreach counselling, information and referrals
- police referrals
- support groups for women affected by domestic and family violence
- safety upgrades to ensure your home is safe
Kyabra provides a range of professional supports and services to address homelessness and domestic violence in the Sunshine Coast area, including temporary accommodation.
Kyabra has a purpose-built domestic and family violence shelter for single women and women with children escaping gendered violence (six units).
They also provide units for single women, families and parents who have overnight contact with their children and general homelessness accommodation for families.
Sunnykids offers a nnumber of programs and services to residents of the Sunshine Coast including:
- Emergency accommodation for women and children who are experiencing family violence
- SunnyKids Cooroy Family Support Centre supports women and children who are experiencing family violence
- SunnyKids Mentoring through Sports©
- SunnyKids Village Buddies
- SunnyKids in Schools
Sunnykids are affiliated with the Cooroy Family Support Centre for residents of that area.