On the Sunshine Coast, Kyabra offers support with sustaining tenancies, operating a women’s shelter, providing supported accommodation and working with survivors of domestic violence and family violence.
Keihs to Early Intervention in Homelessness program is a voluntary support program for community members who may be at risk of losing their tenancy. If you or someone you know is concerned about the sustainability of their housing situation, this program can work with you to:
- Provide you with information about housing and related matters
- Assist you to make contact with other services, such as financial counselling, legal, parenting and relationship services
- Advocate on your behalf with relevant services with your consent
- Inform you about your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- Provide individually focused case management support
- Provide assistance to plan and achieve goals
- Provide living skills/personal development support
Our friendly Keihs staff work in Deception Bay, Caboolture, Caloundra, Maroochydore, Nambour and Gympie.
Referrals and eligibility for our supported accommodation are assessed regularly through our intake team using the Queensland Homelessness Information Platform. This team can also assist with NILS ( No interest loans ) by appointment .
Our mobile DFV service provides short-term mobile outreach support for women and children who are experiencing family and domestic violence on the Sunshine coast. Kyabra accepts referrals from women who are worried about their own safety, and from agencies where women have asked for assistance to talk through issues or get further information. Referral into this service requires your consent and your information will be treated confidentially.
All programs offer phone based and face to face support options and may be accessed by calling 5441 3837 Monday – Friday between 9.00 am and 4.00 pm.